Most people don’t get enough sleep per night or have good quality sleep.
Not getting enough sleep dulls brain activity in the frontal lobe, causing you to make bad decisions such as eating bad foods. It also means that you look for “quick energy”/sugar filled foods to give you a boost.
A bad night’s sleep messes with our hormones and our metabolism.
5 tips on How you can improve your sleep.
- Aim to go to bed before 10pm (the more hours before midnight the better)
- Take magnesium as it helps the body to get a better nights rest
- Write notes and jot things down before going to sleep (if you’re an “over-thinker” like I am, writing down things you need to do or that are on your mind help you to let them go, making way for a more restful night.)
- Read a book instead of watching TV or using your phone. Technology activates the brain it making it very hard to get to sleep afterwards.
- Sleep in a dark room; if the room we are sleeping in isn’t completely dark the light coming from your phone, TV or other source can interfere with the body’s production of melatonin which is the hormone that helps to regulate your sleep and wake cycle. Having a lamp on or being exposed to light during sleep can suppress melatonin levels by more than 50% which will greatly impact our ability to get a good nights sleep.
Let us know how you go following these tips and contact us for info on upcoming challenges so you can achieve a healthy body to match you new well rested one!
Happy Sleeping Everyone!